in development from forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down

in development from forums

Post  Guyjin on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:42 am

http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/10972

I'd like to take a moment and mention a few things we're working on here at Spiral HQ. As always, there's no ETA on any of this just yet and what's listed is by no means the entirety of what we're developing:

- A new Tier 2 boss stratum, The Ironclaw Munitions Factory. I can't get in to too many details (it would ruin the surprise!) but we're working on a new Tier 2 boss stratum and it's really different from anything we've done before. Expect lots of explosions!

- PVP is still in the works. Thank you very much to everyone who shared their favorites PVP games and opinions in the previous thread. They have been cataloged on our wiki by Eurydice for our reference.

- Two gremlins will be moving in to the Haven Bazaar and offering their unique services to players.

- New, crazier Danger Rooms. Don't be surprised if the old ones go away for a while as well- Danger Rooms are meant to keep you on your toes.

That's all for now!
Guyjin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: in development from forums

Post  Caelifer on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:55 am

Guyjin wrote:
A new Tier 2 boss stratum, The Ironclaw Munitions Factory. I can't get in to too many details (it would ruin the surprise!) but we're working on a new Tier 2 boss stratum and it's really different from anything we've done before. Expect lots of explosions!

Sounds like a gremlin boss to me. I should probably get started on the Nightblade line...

Buh.
Caelifer
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Sacrontine on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 am

Ironclaws are the T2 gremlins, so It's gonna be a Gremlin strat. That means darkness weapons will be supreme in T2, since they're already good in jelly runs. Also, good thing those poor slimes get cut some slack.

The mysterious gremlin duo will probably handle the promised unbinding service, which, according to rumour, will be ridiculously expensive. I'm hoping they also introduce a new method for gaining UV's.
Sir Sacrontine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxNightscape on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Sir Sacrontine wrote:Ironclaws are the T2 gremlins, so It's gonna be a Gremlin strat. That means darkness weapons will be supreme in T2, since they're already good in jelly runs. Also, good thing those poor slimes get cut some slack.

The mysterious gremlin duo will probably handle the promised unbinding service, which, according to rumour, will be ridiculously expensive. I'm hoping they also introduce a new method for gaining UV's.

They said the unbind cost will be more then the total cost of making the item. So if it's a 5*, it'll be the price of the 5*, 4*, 3*, 2*, and 1* crafting, and then some.
FoxNightscape
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elegies on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:34 pm

FoxNightscape wrote:
Sir Sacrontine wrote:Ironclaws are the T2 gremlins, so It's gonna be a Gremlin strat. That means darkness weapons will be supreme in T2, since they're already good in jelly runs. Also, good thing those poor slimes get cut some slack.

They said the unbind cost will be more then the total cost of making the item. So if it's a 5*, it'll be the price of the 5*, 4*, 3*, 2*, and 1* crafting, and then some.

I think that's piss-poor design, personally.

But then, I think a lot of things in the game were really dumb ideas. The gate strata construction system has had to be completely overhauled. Punishing you for not having a variety of weaponry/armor to use for specific defenses, then upping the crafting cost. Etc, etc, etc.

At least they're adding in a new T2 boss strata. That's *actual* new, useful content. Still haven't seen the much-needed weapon balances, though. Blargh.
Elegies
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Sacrontine on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:44 am

Elegies wrote:I think that's piss-poor design, personally.

But then, I think a lot of things in the game were really dumb ideas. The gate strata construction system has had to be completely overhauled. Punishing you for not having a variety of weaponry/armor to use for specific defenses, then upping the crafting cost. Etc, etc, etc.

At least they're adding in a new T2 boss strata. That's *actual* new, useful content. Still haven't seen the much-needed weapon balances, though. Blargh.

I think they originally intended for people to specialize in certain strata, like, maybe you would decide to be an "anti-undead" player and get darkness defence and elemental attack, then cooperate with other anti-undeads to create undead strata.

Of course this didn't work, for several reasons (gate construction impossible to use, enemy damage types unbalanced until recently, boss runs just being better etc.). You only see people specialize in Vanaduke runs, really.
Sir Sacrontine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top