Oathkeepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of quitting SK.

+5
Wilshire
sTartar
Ebbion
Superkamote
SleuthMechanism
9 posters

Go down

Thinking of quitting SK. Empty Thinking of quitting SK.

Post  SleuthMechanism Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:49 pm

I really want to like this game since a four swords-esque MMO is such a great idea and it was really fun and all at first but ugh.. i've realized here that it's turning into another WoW wherein it's just going to be an eternal grind. I just need one last 4* equip after crafting my ashtail coat but even though tier 3 may seem exciting at first it feels like it's just going to turn into another agaonizing grind wherein "Grind some giant piece of jell-o whom i hate" becomes "Grind FSC."(which, mind you is a lot more fun than RJP since slags are less boring and unsatisfying to kill as slimes IMO but well, i'll probably get sick of them too eventually.) since this game just doesn't seem to reward exploration at all especially with the energy system being used BOTH for your playtime and crafting new equips which in turn places more pressure to make the most profit you can off of your mist. And then.. once you finally finish the infuriating grind and reach a full 5* set what else is there? You've most likely dealt with every variant of an enemy mob before, have done the bosses enough to be bored of them, and only have prestige missions, possible shadow lairs, and maybe OCH left.

Please tell me theres more to this game than just a mindless grind like in every other MMO and that maybe i'm just in a slump due to growing increasingly frustrated with being stuck in tier 2.
SleuthMechanism
SleuthMechanism

Back to top Go down

Thinking of quitting SK. Empty Re: Thinking of quitting SK.

Post  Superkamote Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:45 am

That's the nature of games, you get excited, have a good time playing it, then reach the point where you have to grind, get bored, then move along to another game. Sad, but true.

I, for one, only play SK because of this guild. If it weren't for Oathkeepers, I would've been playing, "SuperAwesomeRPG2011", "NewSuperRPG2012", then "SuperRPG2013 with Bananas!" or whatever. TBH, I've already reached my end-game equips, and the only thing that keeps me from using my valuable time for work is chatting with you guys, having a good time, laughing at terrible jokes, taking the game not seriously and being silly and getting killed, and such. Not OCH, SL, VananaDuke or getting all the gears that you can get.

It's up to you though. If you're getting tired of "grinding", do a run with interesting twists to make it fun, like using only proto gear on JK, or doing missions without dying whithout using pills. The possibilities are endless. Also, I recommend playing other games from time to time. Move away from the clockworks and go do some FPS, or puzzle games.
Superkamote
Superkamote
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebbion Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:31 pm

I agree with Mote here, it's the guild that keeps it fun, even the grinding!
I am getting my 5* equipment atm and it is just fun to see how many ways there are to form your character.

Just keep on playing with teammates and it keeps being fun (IMO).
Ebbion
Ebbion

Back to top Go down

Post  SleuthMechanism Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Ok, just to clear things up: i'm not quitting though, i may not play as frequently as i used to. Honestly, I was already in a bad mood lately do to lots of stress and depression so the grinding just got magnified to seem more tedious. Anyway, I think i'm going to be taking a break for a little bit, maybe just logging on for a cake run or another little thing and that's it. Since yeah, I just got too addicted to one of these things again and just got burned out again it seems.
SleuthMechanism
SleuthMechanism

Back to top Go down

Post  sTartar Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:31 am

Nothing wrong with taking a break or just playing less until you feel refreshed. I think most of the old timers in the guild have done so at one time or another.

It might seem counter intuitive since you may be playing less, but I suggest trying an elevator pass. For $5.95 US the elevators are free for a month. I find that it is freeing to just do what you want without worrying about mist. You don't feel the need to run bosses over and over to maximize the crown return for your mist. You can run whatever and it is all profit. You also don't feel the need to play everyday to get the most out of your mist. You can take days off and then play all you want when you do feel like playing. Just a suggestion.
sTartar
sTartar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilshire Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:43 am

Bro everything you just posted is true, but the thing that kept me here was the guild. i got removed for inactivity and struggled to find an officer that could invite me back in. and once i was in, the guild was inactive-ish so we had to build it all over again. and its the good times that ive had with my guilds that keeps me here. the interaction with real people. THIS FORUM. we almost met Trevil in real life (minor woman complications). of course, there is the Daily Grind but its worth it because you do it with friends. ive had some pretty funny moments on here...
Wilshire
Wilshire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelifer Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi Sleuth,

I really appreciate you posting about this. Most people would just disappear without a word. Anyway, don't sweat it if you feel like you've hit a wall. What mote said about passing interests was pretty spot on, and we've all felt it at some level once. It's perfectly fine if you feel like you want to pick up another game in the meantime. A break could be exactly what you need.

The guild will always be there when you log in though. So even if you don't feel like playing the game, I hope you'll always feel like you can hop in for awhile to chat. There're still fun times to be had!
Caelifer
Caelifer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Superkamote Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Caelifer wrote:
The guild will always be there when you log in though. So even if you don't feel like playing the game, I hope you'll always feel like you can hop in for awhile to chat. There're still fun times to be had!

you HAD to say hop, didn't you?

we'll always be here, sleuth, waiting for you to come back home(to us, ofcourse). unless something bad happens, like poku accidentally burning his numerous pokupots and setting the guild ablaze , which is very unlikely, im afraid... affraid
Superkamote
Superkamote
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pokusan Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:53 am

Superkamote wrote:unless something bad happens, like poku accidentally burning his numerous pokupots and setting the guild ablaze , which is very unlikely, im afraid... affraid

I could never burn my pokupots, they are my friends. The guild hall, however....
pokusan
pokusan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pokusan Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:55 am

Oh and also...I've felt like that too, Sleuth. I became an Officer here because I believed in the positive momentum of this guild and the members in it. I've told many people, if it wasn't for Oathkeepers, I probably would have already quit. The guild is kind of like a 2nd home, to go there when you feel sad or depressed, and just talk to friends. I mean, yeah, we are online, but we're friends. =]

Anyways, as it is, we like having you in here.
pokusan
pokusan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mary Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:05 am

I think I pretty much agree with all of the other posts in this thread. Smile I don't want to totally reiterate them, but I just wanted to say that I also totally get it. Very Happy Take breaks when you need to, play when and what you want, and you're always welcome to steal all of my heat. Smile
mary
mary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thinking of quitting SK. Empty I feel your pain

Post  Trevil Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:00 pm

I know exactly how you feel right now as I felt that way about SK at times. For me I try to look past is by doing LD it provided that change that I sometimes looked for. Guilds do help to I been in many and I can tell you that Oathkeepers is one of the good ones. I always have/had hope of SK making a major update in the game and that's why I felt like a stuck around. GL on your choice and glad to have your around Smile.
Trevil
Trevil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum