Oathkeepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compliment to Blades?

+2
sTartar
Edolas the Fallen
6 posters

Go down

Compliment to Blades? Empty Compliment to Blades?

Post  Edolas the Fallen Wed May 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Im not sure if Crown of the Fallen is complimenting my 3-Sword style.
I've been looking into helms that do so, and its either the Skolver or Snarbolax Helm.

One gives Pierce, the other Shadow, Snarbolax gives Poison, but requires a SL to craft.
Need some help deciding on what to do to help my Sword style bloom.

EDIT: Looked on some Threads on the SK Forums, and i'm leaning toward Skolver Cap.
Snarb Cap seems to be better with SLs, but I'd find that a Catch 22 if I'd need to get it through a SL in the 1st place.
I already have Vog Coat for Fire Res, and ASI. It also has a Max Poison Resistance UV, so the added Snarbo effect
wouldnt matter that much to me. The only thing it has which is still quite appealing over Skolver is Shadow Resistance.

So should I take Skolver and hope for a UV with High Shadow Resistance, or go with the long climb to the Snarby Cap?
Edolas the Fallen
Edolas the Fallen

Back to top Go down

Compliment to Blades? Empty Re: Compliment to Blades?

Post  sTartar Thu May 30, 2013 12:01 am

There is no right answer to this question. It all depends of what type of enemies you find yourself fighting the most. The three wolver lines of Vog, Skolver, and Snarby all fill complementary roles for sword wielders. It's just that one is for elemental/fire, one for piercing/freeze, and one for shadow/poison/freeze. I have all three and use whichever one best fits the situation. If the helm gives asi you can wear some damage trinkets, or vice versa, to get maximum benefit. If you are going to have only 2 then pick skolver if you find yourself fighting slimes or beasts more, snarby if you spend more time with undead and fiends.

I think skolver is best piercing choice in the game for sword users though mercurial helm has a few fans due to shock protection and movement speed increase. As a sword user looking for shadow protection, you might also consider a Kat Claw Cowl which gives sword asi and damage low bonuses with freeze protection. I'm not sure what the cost would be if you go this route before the Black Kat event returns again. I imagine that it would still be less expensive than running a shadow lair.
sTartar
sTartar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Superkamote Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 am

^this

also

sTartar wrote:you might also consider a Kat Claw Cowl which gives sword asi and damage low bonuses with freeze protection. I'm not sure what the cost would be if you go this route before the Black Kat event returns again. I imagine that it would still be less expensive than running a shadow lair.

i got a mask (3*) for 300k. expect the prices to rise as the days go by.

if you were to ask me which is the best set that you can get for your swords, i would say

CHAOS COWL and CLOAK

but, only if you're confident at dodging EVERYTHING that the world throws at you. else, dont blame me!

also, add trinkets. for me, as a hybrid. i use a sword and gun damage trinket. so i have both on MAXIMUM! together with my chaos set. then just charge attack everything that moves. in your case, i would add 1 sword damage and speed/heart trinket. also, take the special defence into account. wearing a snarbo while fighting wolvers will only get you mauled, even if you're careful.
Superkamote
Superkamote
Admin

Back to top Go down

Compliment to Blades? Empty I have a Kat Claw Cowl

Post  Bowlda Thu May 30, 2013 3:42 am

If you are interested in a Chaos Cowl, I have the Kat Claw Cowl (3 Star Version). I'm sure we could work out a decent price if you are interested.
Bowlda
Bowlda

Back to top Go down

Post  Warriorrogue Thu May 30, 2013 3:58 am

sTartar wrote:wearing a snarbo while fighting wolvers will only get you mauled, even if you're careful.
Mauled by wolvers? Come back to the present, not the autoaiming wolver past!
But basically, chaos cloak is a good move if you can dodge well, as well as equipping a swiftstrike buckler if you can dodge REALLY well.
If not, then have a good defensive shield, like VPS, GOS, COA, DSS, the list goes on. They can all be useful, and will increase survivability dramatically
Warriorrogue
Warriorrogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Superkamote Thu May 30, 2013 7:48 am

Warriorrogue wrote:
sTartar wrote:wearing a snarbo while fighting wolvers will only get you mauled, even if you're careful.
Mauled by wolvers? Come back to the present, not the autoaiming wolver past!

I was talking about the damage dealth by wolvers while wearing a snarbo cap n coat. >.>
Superkamote
Superkamote
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Warriorrogue Thu May 30, 2013 10:32 am

Well, you should have said.
Even then, if you still get mauled, the chaos is a bad choice. Very bad choice.
Wilshire wrote:I like turtles
What?

Last edited by Warriorrogue on Fri May 31, 2013 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Warriorrogue
Warriorrogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilshire Thu May 30, 2013 7:13 pm

I like turtles
Wilshire
Wilshire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum