Oathkeepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origins: A Knight's Best Friend.

4 posters

Go down

Origins: A Knight's Best Friend. Empty Origins: A Knight's Best Friend.

Post  Edolas the Fallen Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Ok, so pretty simple here.

Note the Origins of your favourite weapon.
Where you got it?
Did you know before hand you were getting it or was it on the fly?
What experiences made it your favourite weapon?

Tell a Story Very Happy

(Expecting the Love Story of Cael and his Glacius on here somewhere).
Edolas the Fallen
Edolas the Fallen

Back to top Go down

Origins: A Knight's Best Friend. Empty Re: Origins: A Knight's Best Friend.

Post  sTartar Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:50 pm

I don't have much of a story.  My favorite weapon right now would probably be the brandishes.  I have Glacius, Voltedge, and Acheron.  Made the glacius and acheron because I was tired of my DA and GF and just wanted something faster.  The voltedge was made on a whim because I had a bunch of Krogmo coins just sitting around.
sTartar
sTartar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelifer Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:35 am

The Cold Iron Carver cleaved across the Lumber’s exposed torso, sparks erupting from the blade as it carved a path through the thick bark plating. The construct's arm fell limp as the knight twisted around and gave it a jarring kick, sending it sailing across the room and crunching against the far wall where it erupted in a mass of purple haze.

Caelifer pushed himself onto his feet and scanned the room around him. Parts of the terrain had been torn up during the melee, leaving bare patches in the grass. There were several ugly craters where the Lumbers' attacks had failed to hit home, bits of soil and stone kicked up in the process.

Varying denominations of crowns and orbs of heat lay strewn about where the constructs' forms had dissipated. He made a note to come back for those in a moment.

The knight slowly picked his way through the battleground toward the source of the voice.

"That took you awhile," the feminine voice said.

"I was lagging slightly," Caelifer said, making excuses.

To whom he was still unsure.

Then, in the shade of the room's solitary tree- as a breeze stirred the leaves and created patterns in the shadow- a sword's brilliant hilt glinted in the sun.

He reached for it.

Caelifer gripped the hilt and shook the loose earth from the weapon, testing its weight in his hands. To his surprise it was cold to the touch, and the blade's dark metal was still showed an impressive amount of polish; reflecting the rays of Cradle's sun every which way. The core of the weapon was colored a dull, unresponsive grey.

For a moment, nothing happened. The wind had stilled and an eerie silence now replaced it. Caelifer wondered if the voice had abandoned him.

"Uh..." he began.

"You'll do," she said suddenly, the words ringing in his mind now louder than ever.

A feeling of righteous purpose washed over him, causing Caelifer to take a step back. The weapon began to hum gently to life, as the grey core lit up and cast a brilliant blue glow on the surrounding space. It was, Caelifer noted, a blue not unlike his own.

There was a grinding of gears and the iron gate at the end of the room retracted suddenly into the ground. The way ahead was clear.

"Now," she said, the blade's gentle hum resonating with every word. "Let us do good work."

SO YEAH. My Glacius talks and is awesome. Sorry to disappoint about the love story, hope this was just as good.
Caelifer
Caelifer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Superkamote Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:13 pm

:tldr
Superkamote
Superkamote
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Edolas the Fallen Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:56 pm

What's that a Quote from?
Sounds awesome, like The Oath-Keeper Chronicles.
Edolas the Fallen
Edolas the Fallen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down