Oathkeepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endeavours in inefficiency

2 posters

Go down

Endeavours in inefficiency Empty Endeavours in inefficiency

Post  sTartar Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:38 pm

I was looking over the list of all the gear that I have accumulated while playing this game and I noticed some things. Namely, the stuff sitting the in corner gathering dust. My proto and cobalt gear. The stone tortoise shield that was my constant companion in my early playing days and accompanied me on my first trip to the Core. My Gran Faust which was relegated to occasional lockdown duty after I made my Acheron.

I, like many of you, have my standard loadouts that I always use. Acheron for gremlins, Shiver and Blitz for Vana for example. These things get used over and over because they seem to be the best tool to get the job done in the most efficient manner. But what about all the other once beloved gear that I have? It's just sitting there unused and mostly forgotten. Why? Just because it may not be the best equipment for a particular run? I put a lot of time and effort in to gather the crowns and CE needed to craft it and now it is going to waste. Well, for no good reason really, I've decided to do something about it.

I'm looking for volunteers who would like to join me in making some runs with non-standard gear. For example, JK or FSC with only normal damage weapons. Beast or Snarby runs with only elemental weapons. Proto gear runs. A throwback style FSC run where we kill Vana with DA charges and AP's like the old days - no shiver or blitz. How about a monster flinging fiesta with only caliber line swords or blast bomb series bombs. I'm open to suggestions. The point of this pointless enterprise is to have a little fun by doing some runs the "wrong way" with the "wrong gear". To paraphrase the movie Animal House: I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part! We're just the people to do it.

If you would like join me in doing things the wrong way for a change of pace or have any ideas for runs please reply here or catch me online.

Tartar
sTartar
sTartar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Endeavours in inefficiency Empty Re: Endeavours in inefficiency

Post  mary Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Hahahaha, yes! I am totally down for doing something like that. As much as it's fun to get the "best" gear for the job, it would be fun to run differently. Smile

Something somewhat similar but a little simpler (kinda) is doing a run without a shield. That can definitely make it kinda interesting!
mary
mary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum