Oathkeepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leviathan Blade and Vog Cub Coat

4 posters

Go down

Leviathan Blade and Vog Cub Coat Empty Leviathan Blade and Vog Cub Coat

Post  Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 am

Is Leviathan Blade really bad since SuperKamote just keeps on telling me that... Sad Also, why is Vog Cub Set the best set there is in the game? Cool

Back to top Go down

Leviathan Blade and Vog Cub Coat Empty Re: Leviathan Blade and Vog Cub Coat

Post  Ebbion Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Sir-Hyzeries wrote:Is Leviathan Blade really bad since SuperKamote just keeps on telling me that... Sad Also, why is Vog Cub Set the best set there is in the game? Cool

Leviathan blade is just normal damage, so you will do damage against all enemies but wont do the maximum damage that is possible with using the type of damage the enemy has a weakness for (like for jelly/slime shadow damage does more damage than normal).
So its better to have different kind of weapons instead of just going for the standard normal damage and thats why most players have an elemental, piercing and shadow damage sword/gun/bomb.

Vog is not the best set there is in the game, its a very good set for player who like playing with swords (since it gives attack speed increase for swords).
If you like playing with just guns or bombs there are different sets way better. It has to do with your playstyle.

Look up the different sets on http://wiki.spiralknights.com and experiment with those.
Ebbion
Ebbion

Back to top Go down

Post  SleuthMechanism Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Leviathan is a decent enough sword to start out with and it's charge can be pretty helpful as crowad control but it's preferred to just carry around two different non-normal damage types at all times. But, if you're only using one sword for the time being leviathan is probably the best choice since it's not necessarily bad against anything.(Actually, i lied. The striker line is the best choice for that just because it's really fun and ridiculously fast.)
People like vog because it makes swords really fast and stuff and has fire resist. You see it a lot because swords are the most popular weapon type in the game. Be cooler than me and go for full chaos. =p
SleuthMechanism
SleuthMechanism

Back to top Go down

Post  Superkamote Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 am

vog is a cookie-cutter build. great for FSC because of the fire and elemental defence, and the best part is, the IAS increase for swords. once you get tired of it, that'll be the time to branch out and try other combinations of armors, helms, shields, and trinkets.

also

I would strongly suggest that you do not upgrade that to a leviathan, because of the ff. reasons:

1. Charge Attack - oh, yeah, great against puppies, trojans, and those that dont move alot, and the best part? it pushes everything away from you so you don't get hit! but, try to put yourself in other people's shoes. MOBS WILL NOW JUMP ACROSS THE ROOM TO HIT ME! also, it prevents any coordinated attacks because, again. it scatters mobs.

2. Normal Damage - sure you will deal unreduced damage on everything, but you won't do extra damage either. everything in t3 is either out to eat your face, or smash you to a bloody pulp, and the best possible way to prevent it is to KILL YOUR ENEMIES FASTER, and your specialized weapon can deal with it best.

remember, that you're using 800CE to upgrade whatever you want to craft to 5*. and that's roughly 60,000 crowns!

I do believe that there's more to this, than what i have typed here but im running out of time. I do hope that this will be an eye-opener for you. we(veterans, officers, and some vanguards) have been in this route before, and we now hate what mistakes that we've made in the past. all we can do now is guide you to a better path.

SleuthMechanism wrote:Be cooler than me and go for full chaos. =p

now who would be dumb enough to go with that! hah! Wink
Superkamote
Superkamote
Admin

Back to top Go down

Leviathan Blade and Vog Cub Coat Empty DERP REPLY

Post  Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:43 am

I have to admit, you guys know a lot more than I do about Spiral Knights. And my friend says I play too much... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Edolas the Fallen Thu May 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Id personally favour the Cold Iron Vanquisher in that line.
It does marginally less Damage, but gives a Good Bonus vs Undead, so at least you can achieve a boost against at least one Monster family.

But Leviathan blade isnt a bad All-rounder I suppose.

Its just the Jack of All Trades. Good at All, Best at none.
Edolas the Fallen
Edolas the Fallen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum